Your summertime picnic isn’t the same without a dessert to end a great meal. This cake is sure to be a showstopper for any sunny picnic gathering.
Ingredients: For the cake
3 boxes cake mix, flavor of your choice
Food dye, colors of your choice
Ingredients: For the icing
8 ounces unsalted butter
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoons lemon zest
2–4 tablespoons milk
Pinch of salt
- Bake the cakes according to instructions on the boxes, and let cool.
- For the icing, beat the butter until soft.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and pinch of salt. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Incorporate 2 tablespoons of the milk, adding any additional milk one tablespoon at a time, if needed.
- Once the cakes are cool, add a crumb coat of icing by spreading between each layer (it doesn’t have to be perfect), and refrigerate.
- Once the crumb coat is set, use more icing to make an even coat around the cake, and refrigerate again.
Tip: Make multiple batches of icing so you have enough for a crumb coat, a top coat, and for decorating.
This article was prepared by ReminderMedia.
LPL Tracking #1-05281761